Thursday, August 01, 2024

Very Cool Cafe in Penang

I did a quick search before going to Penang and found a post on this very cool cafe called "NORM" near Lot 29, the event venue for Asia Link Sketchwalk 2024.

However, I was walking up and now the street near Lot 29 in the morning, I could not find the cafe. Alas, the greyish skeletal signage was on top of the building and the cafe was hidden behind the big pivoted door next to a small open carpark just next to Lot 29! The food was of top quality and the coffee was great. The interior ambience was so comfortable and the best part was the cozy aircondition environment compared to the scotching high temperature of around 35 degC outdoor. Best experience to avoid the huge crowd at the Art Market at 4th level of Prestige Hotel opposite the cafe while waiting for registration to open at Lot 29 at 1pm.

This is also the last page in my first Etchr Accordion Sketchbook on Penang since I arrived on 29 July. I will start the second Sketchbook tomorrow when the ALSW event unfolds.

Etchr Accordion Sketchbook
Size: 520 x 210mm