Sunday, August 18, 2024

I need to focus

So I have been busy and quiet as I need to focus to work on a project that involved 4 pieces of black and white A2 artwork on streets of Singapore. They will be done on locations from multiple visits from the start but details and figures will be added later in the comfort of my home. I plan to visit the sites early in the morning to capture the light and shadow. Also it will not be too hot plus there are not too many people on the streets in the early mornings.

I started all four pieces on locations already and this is on Smith Street of Chinatown on the stretch that is empty at the moment. Coincidently it was announced this week that Chinatown Business Association won the tender to rejunivate this area of Chinatown.

"The tender to appoint a single master tenant to oversee the historic row of shophouses at 11 to 37 Smith Street was jointly launched by the Singapore Land Authority (SLA), the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) back in November last year.". Details at this link and this link.

No wonder one morning on 8 Aug, my first seating at Smith Street, I met Colin Goh with his partners at Chinatown Business Association roaming the site. He introduced me to the Ms Lim from Chinatown Business Association and told me, "please draw nice nice" and blasted the photos on his Facebook. This is how we connect people on the streets through sketching on locations!