Friday, July 08, 2022

Lisbon Alphabet 2022

These are the exploration work with the participants. 

I was invited to be one of the instructors for Lisbon Alphabet 2022 and I conducted a class via zoom on 2 July 2022. The alphabet assigned to me was Y. So I developed a lesson plan based on "Y is for YELLOW". 

We had so much fun exploring the colour yellow, its complimentary colour and the opposite intensity. I first introduced Johannes Itten's colour wheel and we made a simple colour wheel using watercolours. Next we explore the primary colours and their complimentary, then I let the participants made some discoveries by mixing some colours as per instructions. 

Later part of the workshop, we focus on YELLOW, PURPLE and the opposite intensity and their tints and shades plus some simple textures and patterns. Before the class ended, we explored how to apply the colour theory to urban sketching. Simplification is the key!

My first post on the workshop was on 7 Oct 2021 at this link