Sunday, May 30, 2010

day two of wood firing

100529_dragonkiln

I stayed overnight to help out with the wood firing at the stoke holes at two sides of the dragon kiln. Helpers came at 2am and 4am so again, I was not required to feed the dragon but helped with minor duty instead. I helped with preparing clay slip to seal off the stoke holes and recording the temperature readings etc. I also got to take a nap in the comfortable air-cond office while others had to sleep in the cars or on the benches in the open air.

At around 6am, we took the buggy out for a spin on the jungle trail admiring the sun rays penetrating through the thick foliage in the woods. When we returned from the jungle adventure, I did another watercolour piece in the early morning and this time, on my favourite tree house and the banyan tree.