Saturday, March 30, 2024

Result of March Sketchwalk

Did a small one today in between two old sketches to complete the Saunders Waterford Concertina Sketchbook. This building is Wisma Geylang Serai. The building was the winning entry by Design-Environment Group Architectsof through a building competition held in 2013 and it was completed in 2018 and officially opened by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in January 2019.

For me, this is the site for the demolished Malay village that I frequented during my younger days. I have very fond memories of the kampong style complex and I can only get the information at https://remembersingapore.org/geylang-serai-malay-village/

Under this brutal weather, I also needed to teach and guide my students from Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) so had to be quick and done with early. I also needed to get ready to apply for a ALSW Penang ticket which was not successful due to delayed and unresponsive payment system. I tried. So game over for any future ticket snatching events for this retiree as I truly hated to make to go through the process as a senior and founder.