Sunday, March 10, 2024

First wood firing of the year

Friday evening we started the wood firing at Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle and I doodled on the spot while waiting to throw the next piece of wood into the fire box. My duty slot was 6pm to 12am, so when I was ready to sleep, it was already 2:30am the next morning. I added the colour for the fire box to start the ink and wash segment in the Nude Sketchbook.

When I left the dragon kiln at around 12:30am, the temperature was 350 deg C right on target. We are going to fire 48 hours for the very first time with our guest potter, Remo Mamaril from Canada who will be leaving on 21 March. So this close 48-hour wood firing is specially conducted with him around. We plan to upload the pieces from the dragon belly on Saturday, 16 Mar 2024.

May the Kiln God be nice to us.