Friday, March 15, 2024

Bali Trip

We had a family vacation in Bali with my elder son's family at Amarterra. We arrived on Sunday 2pm and it was the eve of Nyepi which was a day of silence, fasting and meditation for the Balinese. So there was a huge traffic jam but it was good so we could see all the Ogoh Ogoh Parade peparation literally along the roadside.

It was a vacation with just swmimming, idling, reading, doodling, eating and sleeping inside the villa. My husband and I managed to take the hotel car to the near-by retail compound called Bali Collection which was very obviously targetting at global and domestic tourist. Not a complaint as it was truly a relaxing vacation even under the scotching hot and very humid weather.

This was also my last ink doodle in the Nude Sketchbook which I started inking again last Monday. Total 8 days of ink doodling.

You can read more about Nyepi here and Ogoh-Ogoh here