Monday, December 30, 2019

Ginger Garden




This is at the Ginger Garden at Singapore Botanic Garden. This sketch is in ink and watercolour. Size: 65x21cm in Moleskine Japanese Album Large sketchbook. The sticker on the bottom right is specially designed for ‘10’ anniversary of USKSG. We also held a postcard sketch exchange activity at the end of the sketchwalk and I did a small sketch shown on the right. The sketch went to George Huang. In return, I got a sketch from Patrick Ng. What a memorable way to wrap up our last sketchwalk of the year.

The Ginger Garden, officially opened in 2003, showcases a rich living collection of several hundred species of gingers and plants from related families. There is this beautiful lotus lake with a “Little Girl on a Swing” bronze sculpture on the right of the sketch. So beautiful.

This is probably the last sketch I did for 2019 but not the only new sketch for the 2019 album. I have not been scanning my long sketches done in the past few months due my busy schedule but will get to it one day hopefully.

Happy new year 2020!