Saturday, March 07, 2020

Sketching at Tiong Bahru



Last Saturday sketching with Urban Sketchers Singapore.

I missed the official sketchwalks this year and great to be back with the Urban Sketchers Singapore this morning at my favourite place to sketch. I planned to sketch block 58 from the wet market side but the beautiful bushy yellow-flowered tree now covered the entire corner of block 58 where Whisk used to be! I was sketching opposite the wet market and the cars, vans and even one big delivery truck blocked my view from 5 to 15 mins as in this car on the left and to almost an hour as in the car on the right!. It was really challenging and so much have changed in Tiong Bahru Estate. Both old corner shops were gone but the charming buildings still there! Now it is Prive on the left and Little House of Dreams on the right! Oh yes, SGH in the distance.