Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Kallang River from the Sky Park

100918_skyline

This was the third time I went up to the Sky Park of Marina Bay Sands to sketch. This time I decided to sketch the other side of the island view that covered Singapore Flyer, Kallang River and the East Coast area. I could see National Stadium and Indoor Stadium too. As I was sitting on my tiny stool getting into the mood of sketching, the security guard came and said: "Sorry ma'am, no sitting is allowed." I was upset but continued the sketch in a hurry and added the blue-green colour on location to mark the long winding Kallang River. I rendered the black trees and green turf later for Marina Bay Golf Course. Opposite the golf course at the other side of the river bank is the big wheel called the Singapore Flyer and directly under the big wheel is F1 Pit Building- location for the F1 Grand Prix held this week from 24 to 26 Sep. That's a lot of happenings this week for our tiny city-state island.