Friday, October 20, 2017

A glimpse of sea view

171015_HotelJen
171015_HotelJen_photoNow I only stay at Hotel Jen when I visit Hong Kong because it is just a stone throw from Belchers where my granddaughters are staying. It is very rare for me to do a sketch from the hotel window since I rather spend more time with the two cuties.

It was a gorgeous Sunday after T8 typhoon warning the day before and it was also rare that I got up too early with nothing else to do. They cleared and cleaned the roof top of the old mansion opposite the hotel now I only saw huge aircond coolers, fences and pipes. There used to be laundry hanging and an old lady exercising on that roof top but they were nowhere to be seen.

The Hong Kong rooftop activities are diminishing so as part of its culture and heritage. With that gone, I now focus on the sea view beyond from the hotel window. Hong Kong waterways are busy with so many big and small cruises, cargo ships, tugboats, vessels and barges.