Friday, March 31, 2017

Shiinoki Cultural Complex at Kanazawa


I was given one-hour notice to go to Japan at 6pm on a Wednesday, next, I found myself on a 7am flight the following Thursday morning. I was told it was a one-way ticket while office was still sourcing for my returned flight. I had very little time in Japan, so every morning, I would take my breakfast at 6:30am and walked around the hotel before my official duties at 10am. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was located near to a beautiful park いしかわ四高記念公園, Kanazawa Castle Park and Kenrokuen

This is the Shiinoki Cultural Complex facing Hirosaka Street in Kanazawa of Ishikawa Prefecture. The big dome-shaped grand chinquapin (shiinoki) trees at the main entrance were propped up by wooden poles. They are really good in preserving the old heritage trees.