Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A very long sketch of Singapore River

150810_SingaporeRiver_all

150810_SingaporeRiver3
150810_SingaporeRiver2
150810_SingaporeRiver1

I have not posted for a long time simply because I was too busy organising the Urban Sketchers Symposium from beginning till end. I still sketched using my favourite Hero fountain pen and Moleskine Japanese large album but I never got down to scan my long sketches until today. Monday on 10 Aug after our National Day which fell on Sunday this year; was a public holiday. That day I was able to sketch with Melanie and Orling before they flew home later that week. Orling had a headache so she headed back to the hotel without taking the group photo. I will like to take this opportunity to apologise to Symposium participants if I had not said 'hello' or 'goodbye' to you personally. However, I know you were well taken care of by our local sketchers from the photos we enjoyed seeing online.

I went back to complete this long sketch on 15 Aug when we had our SG Heart Map sketchwalk at the Civic District which was the first session of the series.

This sketch is 210mm x 1300mm long.