This coming official sketchwalk, we will be having it at Books Kinokuniya's main store at Ngee Ann City Takashimaya Shopping Centre on 26th April, 10AM -1PM (please take note of the timing).This is a rare opportunity to draw the interior of one of our favourite bookstores before they move out of their present premises to a smaller one end of this year. Thanks to the management of Books Kinokuniya for giving us access to the store this Saturday. Yay! Aircon!
MEETING POINT: Once the store opens at 10AM, we will meet in the middle of the store (called "crossroads".) There, we will hand out tags that all sketchers have to wear so that we can be identified by customers and and the staff. We will have a quick briefing and then spread throughout the store to draw. Do come a little earlier so that we won't have to wait for everyone and cause a jam in the store.
END POINT: At 1PM sharp we will meet outdoors at the walkway between Takashimaya and Wisma Atria. There, we will have our "show and tell" and then be dismissed to have our lunch.
THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
1. As this is a store and not a public space, please be extra mindful not to obstruct any walkways or any customers who are browsing books. Bookstore customers can be very particular about such things, so let's avoid any complaints. Let's allow the store to operate smoothly while we are there.
2. You are allowed to bring your small stools to sit on so long as it does not get in the way of customers. I don't recommend big easels or big pieces of paper spread out on the floor to paint.
3. Bring art materials that will allow you to draw without mess. As books are made of paper, we want to avoid any ink or paint splatters on them.
4. You will be given a tag to wear. Please wear it prominently. It is more for the customers to see that you are on official business and not just a random street sketcher.
5. Do not clump together in a group when in the store. It's a big store, so spread out so that we do not block any walking spaces in the store. Main rule is to keep the customers at the store happy:) With that, it should be an enjoyable sketchwalk for all.
If you can't make it for this one, we will be organising another on in early August to coincide with Kinokuniya's anniversary.