Sunday, January 06, 2013

Preparation for another trip

121226_Taipei_cover
121226_Taipei_airport

My recent trip was a cross over trip from 2012 to 2013 in Hong Kong. First stop of the trip was Taipei when I gate crashed Ch'ng Kiah Khien's sketching workshop held on 29 Dec 2012 at the famed Taiwan University. Ch'ng is from Penang and very well known for his impressive black and white sketches using just tree branches and twigs and Chinese ink.

Instead of doing the same thing the last trip I was in Hong Kong, I brought this sketchbook made by Ketta Linhares who put all her handmade sketchbook on this link. The sticker I bought in Taipei was matching the colour of the cover.

This time we traveled on Cathay Pacific. The gate at Changi Airport is right at the end of the terminal, this is what I saw on this sketch, the cargo planes.