Sunday, January 01, 2012

a sketch on first day of 2012

120101_foodforthought
120101_foodforthought_photoMy first sketch of the new year!

I spent my first day of the year fetching my 80-year-old mother from her church at 12noon and brought her to Por Kee Restaurant at Tiong Bahru for a very good lunch with their signature dishes - the champagne Pork Rib and braised sea cucumber with chef's special tofu. I caught up with my dad who spent his morning painting the house when I sent my mom home. I later visited Singapore Art Museum just in time for the last day of Amanda Heng's show and then took a coffee break with a piece of carrot cake at the nice cafe "Food for Thought". Before I reached home, I bought 3 slices of very good beef and cooked one steak with mashed potatoes for my 16-year-old son who loved it so much!

What did I discover:
If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy
We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa

Looking forward to another great year!