Sunday, August 21, 2011

roti prata no more!

110821_prata
My favourite roti prata from Bismilla Indian Muslim stall located at Hin Hollywood Canteen, Lion City Hotel which is due for demolition for another modern and bigger commercial development. The canteen within the premises with so many good food will be gone by 1 Sep, 2011.

Roti Prata is a fried flour based pancake in South East Asia. Roti means "bread" in Malay. Most of the food stalls in this place will continue their business somewhere. But the prata man said he has no intention to set up any stall anywhere. We are all going to miss the cheap and really good crispy roti prata.

Oh yes, the car park charge has increased since last Friday from S$2.00 to S$2.50 per entry on Sunday for a place that is going to be gone in another two weeks? This is really ridiculous in my view.

For this sketch, the queue at prata stall was really long but I had to make it shorter as I was in a hurry. I had to meet someone in the city plus I left my phone at home! I decided to just use simple lines and shapes and I did it in 5 to 10 minutes I think.