Thursday, March 17, 2011

back to Marina Bay Promenade

110317_skyline
IMG_4116 IMG_4112
IMG_4129 IMG_4084 IMG_4086

I brought a group of new students to Marina Bay for an outdoor activity on Thursday. I combined it with an outdoor painting class with my current group of students. I was hoping these two groups of students will mingle and talk to each other but they were just too engrossed with their work. May be the only time they talked to each other was during the bus journey from campus to Marina Bay?

I did a very quick demonstration to encourage the students to sprinkle some salt on the wet watercolours to create the textures for the sky and water, while waiting for them to complete their work, I sketched the skyline of Marina Bay Basin for about 30 to 45 minutes. I used red-orange for the roofs of Clifford Pier and Fullerton Hotel and red for the box on the right that enclosed Merlion, the familiar icon of Singapore.

A3 size, salt, ink and watercolour.