Friday, December 03, 2010

Hanis at National Library Building

101203_Hanis

I grew up with the local name "Hans Cafe" which is known for their reasonable priced food at many outlets in Singapore. At lunch today when I spotted the outlet I used to frequent changed its name to "Hanis" with its alfresco setting at the National Library Building, I was a little puzzled. I soon realised it was meant for the Muslim population. I chose to sit indoor so I could do a sketch with the service counter but it proved to be too warm with a little smell in the air since it had an open concept kitchen. The couple on my right speaking in Cantonese revealed their identities as Hong Kong tourists and they left early before I could add in the details. The lady on the left was standing all the time and working on some papers behind the pie and puff counter.