Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hill Street Fried Kway Teow

101118_FriedKwayTeow

101118_FriedKwayTeow_photo Many people flock to this famous Char Kway Teow or fried noodles stall at Bedok Food Centre. On-location-sketching allows us to notice the details that we normally ignore. This time, I noticed there were so many newspaper clippings, magazine write-ups, media coverages and award certificates covering up the entire food display counter. In fact, there was nothing to display on the display shelves while the senior Mr Ng was busy standing at the huge wok frying away. His two lady assistants took orders and prepared for fresh ingredients in the tiny stall.

The lady who took my order was wary when I sketched. At one point, she walked towards me from the stall so I showed her the sketch in progress. At the end, I showed the sketch to her and she happily showed it to the old uncle who was brimming with a big smile as we made some small talks. That was the first time I heard the busy senior Mr Ng talking with a big smile on his face.

I like the Fried Kway Teow but I need to watch my diet too so I will not take it again. You can find out more here.

Hill Street Fried Kway Teow
Blk 16, Bedok South Road, #01-187
Closed on Mondays