Saturday, October 16, 2010

ION Orchard

101016_ION

It was a hot Saturday afternoon at 34 deg C according to the weather forecast. I was at Orchard Road, our prestigious and busiest shopping belt. On my way to collect my car, I suddenly remember it was 29th World Sketchcrawl Day. I decided to do a sketch of this gigantic shopping mall - ION Orchard. This building is one of the most popular shopping centres so on the ground floor with a street frontage, one could find all the upmarket brands such as Giorgio Armani, Prada, Louis Vuitton and many others.

I sat on the curved, bright red street bench just outside Louis Vuitton and occasionally, I could feel the cold air coming out from the shop when a security guard opened the main door for the customers who were queuing outside the shop. I found it absurd to queue under such weather just to get into the shop! May be it only happen on a busy Saturday afternoon.