Friday, July 02, 2010

overwhelming response

exhibition_square
exhibition_flat 46 IMG_3080 exhibition_row 81
IMG_3088 IMG_3089
Thank you so much for coming down to the opening of the exhibition on sketches of Tiong Bahru on Wednesday. We were caught unprepared by the overwhelming response at the opening night and I really wish I could spend more time with my dear friends who came to the show. I was also pleasantly surprised too that my pieces were selling fast even before the opening by walk-in visitors according to the gallery. My apologies to friends and supporters for not able to get the piece that you wanted. Your support will propel me to work harder in promoting the art of location drawings. I also want to thank the following groups of people:
1. My family members especially my father who came, for their love,
2. Colleagues, students, graduates from Temasek Polytechnic for the support,
3. Urbansketchers, OIC and weekend sketchers for the inspiration,
4. My buddies from Thow Kwang Pottery Jungle and their friends for the encouragement,
5. My buddies from senior NJC Chinese Orchestra (yes, I play the pipa) for listening,
6. My architect friends for teaching me to see and feel....
7. and you who are reading this...thank you!