Friday, December 25, 2009

the wonderful Korean sketchers

091222_byYHLee1 091222_byYHLee2 091222_byYHLee3
These portraitures of me and my son in the last one, were done by Lee Yong-hwan, the Korean USk correspondent whom I met on 22 Dec 2009. Lee started sketching me when I met Yoo Byung-hwa and Kim Mi-kyung, the other two Korea sketchers at the Ramada Seoul hotel lobby in the morning of 22 Dec 2009. Together with my 14-year-old son, five of us went to the nearby Bongeunsa Temple to sketch. There was an important ceremony to celebrate the first day of winter and Seoul mayor was the guest of honour. It was full of people and various activities such as folk-drums dancing, wishing scrolls, serving of Patjuk - a traditional red bean porridge etc etc. The entire place was so lively and we were immersed in the atmosphere when we started sketching. We later adjourned to an aquarium at COEX complex just opposite the temple to continue with our sketching. Please visit USk-Korea for the sketches that were presented by these wonderful sketchers.
Sketches by Kim Mi-kyung are here
Sketches by Yoo Byung-hwa are here
Sketches by Lee Yong-hwan are here

I am doing this post in Seoul, Korea. I will post some of my sketches when I go back to Singapore. Here are some photos to share with the viewers at this moment when it is snowing outside right now.

Once again, Merry X'mas from Seoul everyone.


091222_Korea_BH