Friday, November 13, 2009

a weekend trip to Skudai, Malaysia

091107_skudai

Last Saturday, my two sisters and I accompanied our mother to Skudai for a wedding dinner hosted by a Malaysian relative for his elder daughter. Skudai is 16km from Johor Bahru; the state capital of Johor. Johor is one of the most developed states of Malaysia that is linked to Singapore via two road connections across the Straits of Johor. The wedding dinner was held at a luxurious Chinese restaurant in the very big shopping mall called Sutera Mall at Skudai. As a Singaporean, I am surprised to find out from the floor map that two very big Singapore developers have a stake in the Sutera Mall.

We went to Sutera Mall in the early afternoon so that my mother had time to do her hair at one of the saloons. I took the opportunity to do this exterior sketch while my sisters were busy shopping. The wedding dinner was held at Pekin restaurant at Sutera Mall. The food was very good and the iced coconut pudding presented in three big coconuts was truly unique and outstanding.