Monday, September 07, 2009

where are my stamps?

090904_museum

When I was a kid, my father introduced me to stamp collecting and I was very much excited about the hobby that I had about four to five stamp albums as a kid. I also started collecting first day covers and other related philatelic items when I was older. Although I did not continue with my childhood hobby, I kept the precious stamp albums in the closet and some of the stamps could be very valuable in today's market. The hobby satisfied my curiosity about the world and helped to introduce art, design and stamp illustration when I was young. So last Friday, when I visited the Singapore Philatelic Museum , I was very familiar with some of the displays on old local stamps from the 50s to 70s. Here is a sketch of the museum that will remind me of the stamp albums in the closet waiting patiently for me to take them out and do something.