Thursday, February 26, 2009

Penang again

penang3_goldensands

Golden Sands Resort was the resort hotel where we stayed last weekend near the Feringgi Beach at Penang, Malaysia. The first sketch I did on Penang was here. On the second day after our late breakfast, my husband returned to the hotel room to work on his laptop and I had time to explore the hotel with my sketchbook.

It was not the peak holiday season, so there were mainly friendly silver hair American, European or Australian tourists around the many pools and occassionally young children at the pool slide on the right of my sketch. A lifeguard was sitting there chatting with another hotel employee. The two gentlemen in their late 30s or early 40s on the left were having some drinks at the poolside bar. They might be there for a while already when I started my sketch. The interesting thing was that these two gentlemen did not utter a word for as long as I was there.

They are true holiday makers who are practising "the art of doing nothing".....