Friday, December 19, 2008

old coffee shop

old coffee shop
Drawing from office desk is a great idea from Urban Sketchers. However I am on year-end vacation so I will contribute a drawing I did during my lunch hour in the downtown area. I was having my very late lunch at an old coffee shop where my family frequented since I was a little girl. The only new fixture added to the coffee shop now is the air-condition. The same old man still sits at the counter collecting money with the same attitude - indifferent, quiet and expressionless!

I had a plate of chicken rice which is voted as our national dish also available in many eateries. I also love their milk tea. I was the only customer in the shop at about 3.30pm when I finished sketching. the old man's face was still blank as I settled the bill and showed him this drawing. Oh boy, I need to work harder to get him to at least smile, talk or say something. Sigh!