Wednesday, June 02, 2010

a drawing trip at Boat Quay

100601_dome

On Tuesday, we had our drawing class at Boat Quay, Singapore River. I did this sketch during my lunch hour at a local cafe / restaurant called DOME. The two ladies were so engrossed in a conversation that they did not notice me sitting diagonally across their table. I was using the new aquired ink called 'Perankan Brown' specially made for the local market by Noodler's Ink of America. The coffee stain was from the last few drops of the black coffee that I ordered. At the restaurant, I also met Colin,the gallery owner whom I just talked to on Sunday. What a small world!

The weather was hot but great as it was raining on Monday and Wednesday. The weather was with us! Students never failed to impress me with their attitude and enthusiasm, many had also improved so much considering this was their tenth day into the drawing class with me. Great job guys!

Here are some photos on the drawing trip. I really love their sketches, well done!

100601_class04 photo 100601_student_photo 100601_class03 100601_class01100601_class02